“Ideas are easy. Execution is everything.”
In this one-of-a-kind OKR Certification, John Doerr builds on his New York Times best-selling book, Measure What Matters. The chairman of the venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins, Doerr reveals how the goal-setting system of Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) can lead to exponential growth.
This simple yet often misunderstood framework can help any organization thrive through meaningful, ambitious goal setting.
After taking the course, you will be able to use the OKR system to:
- clearly define and communicate your most important priorities;
- align everyone’s goals, from entry level to the CEO;
- guarantee a commitment to excellence throughout the organization;
- definitively track and measure progress for transparent accountability;
- stretch for ambitious, amazing achievements;
- implement a robust OKR practice within an organization.
You’ll learn from real-world examples on how to turn strategies into action plans. You’ll unlock the power of the business community’s goal-setting system of choice. You’ll learn to write effective OKRs, and how to roll out the system within an organization.
What you’ll learn in this course
Week 1: Introduction to OKRs
In this introduction to OKRs, you’ll learn the basic definition and construction of OKRs.
- 14 videos
- 21 readings
- 5 quizzes
- Approximately 9 hours to complete
Week 2: Using OKRs within an Organization
Here you will learn how to OKRs function within an organization. Discover how OKRs can align many teams to the most important priorities at the top and how to adjust the system to meet your organizational structure and needs.
- 10 videos
- 13 readings
- 3 quizzes
- Approximately 5 hours to complete
Week 3: CFRs and the Work of an OKR Cycle
In week 3, you’ll learn how to effectively communicate about your organization’s top priorities using CFRs (Conversation, Feedback, Recognition). You’ll also understand the components of a full OKR cycle, including tracking, grading, and setting up for the next cycle.
- 18 videos
- 22 readings
- 4 quizzes
- Approximately 6 hours to complete
Week 4: Improving Your “Goal Setting Muscle”
Finally, we’ll cover advanced OKR topics, including strategies for the most effective approaches to OKRs and solutions to the most common OKR stumbling blocks.
- 6 videos
- 11 readings
- 2 quizzes
- Approximately 4 hours to complete
Coursera.org is an industry-leading online education platform. It offers best-in-class degree and certificate programs from some of the world’s leading institutions.
The What Matters OKR training course and certificate offers:
- Flexible deadlines
- A shareable certificate upon successful completion, compatible with LinkedIn
- 100% online self-guided learning
- Information for all levels of OKR practitioners
- Over 50 readings and 3 hours of exclusive video content